Westpac Directory of Franchising
Specialists in franchise and business law. If you seek prompt and technically sound legal advice delivered to suit your commercial reality please contact us. With a wealth of franchise, business and corporate law experience, you will be in safe hands.
Who are we?
Quantum Law is a commercial law practice specialising in assisting businesses with their franchise, commercial, corporate and property needs. Quantum Law is a niche practice that places the utmost importance on building real relationships with its clients, enabling it to know and understand the real drivers behind their businesses.
Harshad Shiba is a senior lawyer with significant commercial law experience. He is widely known for his specialist expertise in franchise and licensing law. He has a passion for commercial and corporate law and acts for clients trading in a wide variety of industries. He has advised many of New Zealand’s leading franchise brands and regularly assists with the implementation of new franchised and licensed systems.
How can we help?
- Start-up advice
- Entity structuring including for regional/master arrangements
- Intellectual property protection, licensing and sub-licencing arrangements
- Preparing franchise/licence agreements and all ancillary agreements
- New Zealand compliance review and advice for off-shore agreements
- Strategic franchise/licence system re-structuring advice and implementation
- Dealing with disputes with franchisees/licensees and third parties
- Administering change of franchisee/licensee process
- Preliminary advice when considering entering into a franchise/licence system
- Reviewing and advising on franchise/licence agreements and sale and purchase agreements where an existing business is being acquired
- Structuring advice for franchisee/licensee entity
- Strategic exit advice
- Dealing with disputes with franchisors/licensors
We are passionate about working with start-ups and the entrepreneurs behind them. We will assist you in building strong foundations, setting you up for growth and success.
- Assisting with conceptualising your idea in a legal framework
- Giving you the best options for the legal structure to be utilised
- Putting you in contact with the right people to assist with the various aspects of your venture
- Drafting the key legal documents required to establish the venture including:
- Shareholder agreements for companies
- Preparing constitutions/articles of association for companies
- Preparing any necessary intellectual property licenses between your entities
- Drafting and/or reviewing key supplier agreements (if any) and assisting in negotiating the same including for SaaS and other IT arrangements
- Drafting key customer/client contracts and terms of trade/use
- Limited or general partnership agreements
Goodwin Turner Commercial Lawyers aims to provide a modern, friendly, client-focused and efficient approach to your legal business requirements, with a...
Lawyers providing full legal services for franchisors and franchisees including advice and documents relating to franchise development, franchise...
Specialists in franchise and business law. If you seek prompt and technically sound legal advice delivered to suit your commercial reality please...