Westpac Directory of Franchising
BurgerFuel is a leader in the gourmet burger market, dedicated to serving high quality burgers in an atmosphere as charged as the food. Combined with fun and irreverent marketing campaigns BurgerFuel creates the perfect environment for franchisees to grow and enjoy their business.
If you like the idea of owning a BurgerFuel, then you’ve come to the right place. You’ll be in good company, along with a bunch of passionate entrepreneurs like yourself amongst our franchise network in New Zealand. This is a great opportunity to become a part of the BurgerFuel story, establish your own business (or empire) and flip a few burgers. The BurgerFuel franchise system offers a premium brand with a loyal following along with robust systems, procedures and training – essentially everything you need to mix in with a great attitude and outstanding work ethic for a successful venture.
Feel free to check out the rest of our website, visit some stores and a eat a few burgers as you think about your BurgerFuel journey. If you would like to register your interest, head to https://www.burgerfuel.com/nz/franchise to apply.
For more information and FAQs check out https://www.burgerfuel.com/nz/franchise
Skills & training
Like our customers, the people who work for BurgerFuel have a singular aligning characteristic – they are Gourmet Burger Connoisseurs, and they want only the best. Added to this are several other qualities that we look for in the people who want to work with us.
- An affinity with food. We like to think that our franchise holders want to make our burgers not only for their high turnover/financial return, but because they love food and believe in the products they are preparing. Knowledge of food and a flair for food combining will help with your business and the development of the business as a whole. Our training systems will provide you with detailed knowledge of our food and hygiene standards and the BurgerFuel 'flavour'.
- A hardworking and dedicated attitude. The business, whilst a proven formula, requires the continual attention of the franchisee.
- A customer service connection. We have a loyal customer base and it is our duty to cater to their needs. This is a primary focus.
- Organisational and management skills. These are a necessity - for the daily running of the shop and for dealing with staff and organising rosters.
- Flair and character. Just as our shops have an in-built atmosphere, we seek people who can transmit the same good feeling to our customers. People come to BurgerFuel for a reason, and part of that reason should be you!
- The desire to develop and innovate. The shop and menu require constant attention. In keeping with the whole concept it is expected that franchisees will appreciate these needs and implement what is required. The aesthetics of BurgerFuel should be understood and recognised as important to the whole BurgerFuel concept.
- Basic accounting and financial knowledge. To be able to undertake to run your own business a franchisee will ideally have some understanding of financial planning and control.
- Financial security. It is assumed that at least 60% of the business will be funded by assets and cash. Borrowings are not sufficient to fund a business.
A range of opportunities are available throughout the North and South Island. Register your interest at https://www.burgerfuel.com/nz/franchise
Westpac NZ Franchise Awards 2012/2013 Franchise Export Award
“People often ask me what it’s like being a BurgerFuel franchisee. My answer is always the same… it’s the best decision I ever made. Sure, there’s been a lot of hard work, but nobody gets anywhere without putting in the hard yards and when they ask me if it’s been worth it financially I tell them I wouldn’t be building more stores if it wasn’t. I love the BurgerFuel brand and the fast pace of the industry we are in. I love the customer contact and having many other like-minded people in this business who I can bounce ideas off and gain inspiration from.” – Mark Walsdorf, owner of BurgerFuel Sylvia Park, Ellerslie , New Lynn and Pukekohe
“BurgerFuel has been a great investment, I've been in this game for a while now with five stores and yet I still leap out of bed excited to be involved. I love the passion, the people and the excitement the industry brings and believe that we have a solid brand and fantastic people making it succeed, the model and systems have proven to be successful and the financial gain is worth the hard work” – James Stevenson, owner of BurgerFuel Albany, Westgate, Whangaraoa, Windsor Park and Silverdale
Majestic Tea Bar is a premium new cafe concept that aims to revolutionize not just the tea culture but also the cafe market across New Zealand. No...
Network of premium cafés specialising in gourmet coffee and freshly prepared food. Sierra still roasts every coffee bean with care, in their Newmarket...
Donut King is a speciality donut and coffee chain now available in NZ. Proven business model for over 38 years. Seeking fun franchisees with a customer...
Sales and distribution of NZ made and owned beverage products. Seeking energetic entrepreneurial people who want to own a profitable and exciting...