Westpac Directory of Franchising
At ASCO Legal we have a fresh perspective on the practice of law, a client-centred one. We understand that serving the legal needs our clients have entrusted to us, is our core purpose. Our team is friendly, approachable and efficient. We enjoy helping both our franchisor and franchisee clients get the most benefit out of franchising, providing quality pragmatic advice.
The share of the New Zealand economy represented by franchised businesses is now very large and continues to grow. Many businesses, both large and small, use franchising for all or part of their operations. A high proportion of business done by small to medium businesses in New Zealand is done through franchised outlets.
Franchising is a way of doing business and is spread across many different types of business activities. It offers great advantages, allowing growth, leverage, greater brand power and marketing benefits, cost and risk spreading. It also offers an ability to harness the drive and energies of individual business owners as a team.
With our very wide industry knowledge and experience to draw on, the team at ASCO Legal is well placed to work with our clients to develop business models and solutions that work best for them.
ASCO Legal services include:
- Development of new franchise systems
- Franchising existing businesses
- Review and upgrade of existing franchise systems and structures
- Preparation of all documents including:
- franchise agreements
- master franchise agreements
- applications and consents
- confidentiality agreements
- disclosure documents
- Operations manual advice (and preparation assistance in consultation with you as Franchisor and with your specialist consultants)
- Import of foreign franchise systems, including master licensing and adaptation of existing documentation
- Export of franchises including documentation, intellectual property protection, master licensing and advice and facilitation
- Specialist industry compliance advice including compliance with FANZ requirements
- Performance issues and disputes
- Leasing and premises
- Employment and contractors, agreements and advice
- Terms of trade
We work with businesses in many different fields.
Specialists in franchise and business law. If you seek prompt and technically sound legal advice delivered to suit your commercial reality please...
New Zealand’s longest established specialised franchise law firm with over 35 years’ experience. Expert legal advice to franchisors and franchisees...
Lawyers providing full legal services for franchisors and franchisees including advice and documents relating to franchise development, franchise...