Westpac Directory of Franchising
Be your own boss and get all the support you need.. You don’t have to be a hairdresser to own a Just Cuts, but you do need a passion for people and the ability to follow a proven system that has worked for over 29 years.
Just Cuts is a hairdressing salon that bridges the gap between an old-style barber and a high-end hair salon. Our fixed price, no appointment system is a convenient and practical solution for our clients, offering them affordable style cuts from fully qualified staff.
Just Cuts was the brainchild of Denis McFadden, who, back in 1982, turned a simple idea into a business concept that would change the hairdressing industry forever. Always ahead of the curve, McFadden decided to run a promotion at his humble Sydney salon to boost business and offered all Clients a “no appointment, $6 Style Cuts™ cut”. The response was outstanding and the idea of Just Cuts™ was born.
The following year, the inaugural Just Cuts salon opened its door to the public. And in 1990, the first Just Cuts franchise opened in the suburb of Engadine, in the south of Sydney. Our brand has continued to expand ever since, with over 200 locations in Australia and New Zealand now open.
Just Cuts has grown to be the largest hairdressing company in the Southern Hemisphere and we perform over 100,000 Style Cuts™ cuts for our Clients each week!
Did you know?
- Just Cuts was founded in 1990 on a fixed price, no appointment system which changed the hairdressing business model and entire industry completely
- Just Cuts partnered with the Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia in 1998 and has raised over $400,000 for the cause through various fundraising initiatives and in-salon donation boxes since
- Just Cuts was the official hairdresser of the Sydney 2000 Olympics
- Our exclusive haircare and styling range, JUSTICE Professional, was launched in 2013 and has seen 40% year on year growth since
- Just Cuts CEO and Founder, Denis McFadden, was inducted into Franchising Hall of Fame in 2013
- Just Cuts set a new Guinness World Record for the most number of haircuts conducted in eight hours for the Wesley Mission event, Wesley Haircut for Homelessness, to raise awareness about the issue of homelessness during Homeless Person’ Week in 2013 ()
- Our $3 million JUSTICE Professional warehouse and international distribution centre was opened by Treasurer the Hon. Scott Morrison MP in May 2017
- Just Cuts Franchising was named in IBISWorld’s Top 500 private companies in 2015 and 2017
- And here are some quick stats about our Franchise Owners and Clients:
- 53% of Just Cuts Franchise Owners own more than one salon
- 37% of Just Cuts Franchise Owners are women
- Across our 200 salons, we see 100,000 Clients per week
- We offer Franchise Owners increased flexibility and work-life balance – the average Just Cuts™ Franchise Owner spends less than 30 hours working on their business
The Just Cuts Smart Choice Checklist
- No hairdressing experience necessary
- Increased flexibility and work-life balance – the average Just Cuts Franchise Owner spends less than 30 hours working on their business*
- Potential to easily expand into multiple salons – in fact, over half of our Franchise Owners own two or more salons
- Combine security with independence
- Be part of a well-established, Australian and New Zealand brand
- Grow your business within an existing network of salons
- Share resources, ideas and information with Just Cuts Franchise Owners
- Benefit from shared marketing and social media resources
- Tap into greater public awareness of your business
- Enjoy ongoing operational support, training and development opportunities
- Leave marketing, social media and promotions to the experts
Watch our videos
ASWEFA is a franchise that provides a high level of customer support and full instructor training so you can start from scratch and focus on growing...
Enjoy true passive income with a Speed Queen self-serve laundromat. With our turnkey service, you’ll be up and running in your own profitable business...
Zones Landscaping is the new outdoor franchise from the people behind the award-winning success of Refresh Renovations. Zones is New Zealand’s only...
Hachi Hachi is New Zealand's latest success in affordable, fast and fresh Japanese cuisine. We are seeking franchisees with exceptional customer service...