last updated 04/08/2020
Free webinar: Business after Redundancy
last updated 04/08/2020
30 July 2020 - With unemployment on the increase, many people are facing the prospect of redundancy through no fault of their own. One option to consider is buying your own business – but how do you make a safe and sensible decision? To help you, we’re running a special webinar session on Tuesday 11 August.
This webinar is for:
- Anyone facing or following redundancy who is looking at buying a business
- NZ residents and returning Kiwis
- People wanting to know more about franchising as an opportunity
The webinar will be presented via Zoom so you can join in from a computer, device or just your phone. Places are reserved for people in the above categories, not advisors or franchisors.
The presenters have over 70 years of experience helping people find and evaluate franchise businesses, including Daniel Cloete, National Franchise Manager of Westpac; Philip Morrison of award-winning Franchise Accountants; and Simon Lord, founder of Franchise New Zealand. No franchisors will be represented; this is not a sales session - it's just to help you find out what you need to know.
- Redundancy as a new beginning
- The franchise market in New Zealand
- Pros and cons of buying a franchise
- How to find an opportunity
Funding a business
- The current market
- Finding funding in challenging times
- Using assets to secure funding
- Cashflow lending (borrowing against the business)
Will it make money?
- Redundancy payments – taxed or not?
- Do the numbers work?
- What are the critical factors for financial success?
- What are the financial risks?
- What can you afford?
- The value of advice
- You can submit questions in advance or via the chat function in Zoom.
Date & Time
Business after Redundancy webinar
Date: Tuesday 11 August
Time: 4.00pm (New Zealand time)
Duration: 45 minutes
Location: Anywhere you can get on to a computer, phone or device.
To register for this free event, all you have to do is email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please give us your name and let us know which area of the country you are from. You will then be sent a log-in code for the webinar and a reminder shortly before the event.
Please note: This event is for people interested in buying a business only, and is not open to franchisors or advisors.
A Paramount Services franchise is a safe and affordable way to own your own business. When you become a franchisee we will provide you with enough...
We’re people passionate about franchising! Experienced franchise, operational and HR professionals. We realise that success isn’t achieved alone,...
Zones Landscaping is the new outdoor franchise from the people behind the award-winning success of Refresh Renovations. Zones is New Zealand’s only...
Oncore is New Zealand's leading team for residential and commercial repairs, maintenance, insurance work, and product installations. We are looking for...