BUYER INTEREST GROWING
27 July 2018 – Figures show increasing interest in franchising from potential buyers
While business confidence surveys still demonstrate uncertainty, levels of interest in franchise opportunities are strong, according to Franchise New Zealand’s latest figures.
‘Visitor numbers to our website are running at near-record levels on a sustained basis and are well up on the same time time last year, with over 18,000 visits some months,’ says digital marketing specialist Sally Knight. ‘Along with some innovations on the site, that’s driven a significant increase in reader enquiries forwarded to our advertisers. Digital magazine downloads are now exceeding 1,000 per month, and requests for the print magazine are as strong as ever – in fact, they’ve been increasing over the last couple of months and print is still the most popular follow-up for website visitors (see stats below). It’s a valuable follow-up mechanism for the online activity, as well as reaching people in whole new areas.’
With the availability of suitable franchisees being a major concern according to the latest Franchising Confidence Index, the upswing is good news. ‘Franchisors with good opportunities and profitable and sustainable franchise systems will be well-placed to benefit,’ says Sally.
A survey of 530 visitors to the Franchise New Zealand website earlier this year revealed some interesting statistics.
Some comments from users
- Good mix of content and useful articles.
- It’s a great resource and I’m glad it's free.
- Very useful and informative.
- I was impressed with the information and the articles and it was great being able to see the trends and what's on offer and how much investment they take.
- There is a lot of great information and love the way the site is split into the three sections depending on what the user would be interested in.
- The website is a good place to find more information of the various franchises available in NZ and how to contact the relevant parties if interested. It is also great to see support services that is available if one was to acquire a franchise.
- Great website as it’s easy to use.
More to come
‘We’ve already made some changes to further improve the service to both readers and advertisers as a result of this survey, and have more in the pipeline,’ says Sally. ‘Franchise New Zealand is a massive resource of thousands of pages, so we’re constantly working to make it even easier for people to find the information they need. Our thanks to all the readers who responded, and to the sponsors and advertisers who make it possible.’
Find more info about advertising with Franchise New Zealand.
This material is copyright © Franchise NZ Marketing Limited, Franchise New Zealand ™ magazine and Franchise New Zealand On Line . While it may be downloaded for personal use, no part may be reproduced in any form whatsoever without the specific written permission of the publisher.